NCAA Grading Scale
Parents should not supply a GPA without its being required as the percentage forces admissions officers to truly evaluate the level of course load and the school's academic profile. If a GPA is mandated by a university or college, SCA has approved use of the NCAA grading scale which is as follows:
*Percentages for dual-credit/honors courses are weighted.
*Students are not ranked.
SCA is an A+ School through the A+ Scholarship Program, which funds higher education to Missouri state schools.
It is a STANDARDIZED TEST that provides firsthand practice for the SAT.
It also gives students a chance to enter NMSC (National Merit Scholarship Competition) and gain access to college and career planning tools. The most common reasons for taking the PSAT/NMSQT
- Receive feedback on your strengths and weaknesses on skills necessary for college study
- See how your performance on an admissions test might compare with that of others applying to college Enter the competition for scholarships from NMSC
- Help prepare for the SAT
- Receive information from colleges when you click yes to Student Search Service.
Summit Christian Academy administers the PSAT/NMSQT each year to the Juniors.
- Critical reading skills
- Math problem-solving skills
- Writing skills
- Two 25 –minute critical reading sections
- Two 25-minute math sections
- One 30-minute writing skills section
The College Board provides an Official Student Guide to the PSAT/NMSQT to the guidance office at SCA. This guide has three main sections: test-taking help, information about National Merit Scholarship Corporation Scholarship Competitions, and a full length practice test. If you sign up to take the workshop, you will examine and discuss the Official Student Guide and complete the full-length practice test.
For complete information on how to prepare for the PSAT, access this website http://www.collegeboard.com/
Everything you need to know about the ACT test can be found on act.org.
SCA is a testing site for the ACT. To view the next testing date and to register please visit:
Resources for Scholarships
- SCA College Partnership Tuition Discounts
- Get matched for scholarships using scholarships.com
- Search for scholarships, colleges, and financial aid resources using fastweb.com
College and University Search
Considering the Health Care Field?
Explore these sites:
Use the contact form to request an appointment with College and Career Advisor Shaun Pfannenstiel or call 816-525-1480 for an appointment.
Click to download a Transcript Request Form.
Want to check out Summit Christian Academy firsthand?
Schedule a personalized look at our facility.