Our belief in God and His Word is central to SCA. Through a faculty who practice a personal and active faith, we foster a thoroughly Christian environment where God’s Word is the standard for decision making. Placing Christ at the center of all enables us to educate the whole student, spiritually, emotionally, mentally, socially, and physically.
SCA seeks to model the life Christ demonstrated on earth, a life full of grace and truth, that rejected legalism for the higher priority of focusing on the inner man. We recognize that Christ looks inward at the motivations of the heart and pursues a relationship with us. We exercise spiritual discernment, speaking the truth in love in order to promote the spiritual growth of the individual without compromising the student body as a whole.
The SCA faculty inspires students to discover and develop their God-given gifts and talents. We nurture an enthusiasm for learning, providing an atmosphere wherein students may express creativity, discern truth, think critically, and choose wisely. In academics, the arts, and athletics, we uphold a standard of excellence to encourage students to achieve their individual best.
We desire that every student know Christ personally and grow in His grace and knowledge, so they may impact their world for Him. We understand the importance of godly staff and faculty who model the Christian walk and mentor students to pursue their personal relationship with the Lord.
We recognize that the SCA community extends beyond the walls of our school. Coming from diverse backgrounds, we unify around a simple statement of faith that binds us together. We acknowledge the responsibility of the parent, the role of the church, and the authority of the Holy Spirit in training students.
SCA embodies a culture of servant leadership that is sparked by a sense of individual purpose. With competency, credibility, and compassion, we add value to others and influence the marketplace of ideas.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
As a community school, it is not our intention to promote the doctrines of any one church or denomination. Instead, we will center on those beliefs that we share in common with each other.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33). His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone, we are saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18).
The Summit Christian Academy Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Summit Christian Academy’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the school’s Board of Education is the final interpretive authority on the Bible’s application.
Philosophy of Education
SCA believes that Christian education is a vital link in the successful rearing of children. It is the desire of the founders and staff of SCA to work together with the family and their church in reinforcing high moral values and the Christian lifestyle, while providing an excellent academic experience (Ephesians 5:22-33; Colossians 3:23; Genesis 2:18-25; Proverbs 9:10; Romans 1:21-27; Romans 12:1-21).
SCA can never replace the significant spiritual impact of a godly home and church. The parents maintain the ultimate responsibility in spiritual matters, but the school can assist them by including sound biblical teaching and through the example and leadership of the faculty (Romans 8:29; Proverbs 1:7).
To educate and prepare for life without including God as central to life does not fully prepare a child. The home, church, and school must work together to prepare children spiritually, morally, socially, and academically for their adult lives. The school’s primary responsibility is to provide the student with the necessary academic skills. This responsibility cannot be fulfilled in a spiritual vacuum. The school must also provide spiritual and moral direction in academic pursuits as well as personal life (John 8:32 and Romans 12:2).
- To provide a thoroughly Christian learning environment for students.
- To teach the Bible as the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- To teach the deity of Christ, including His virgin birth, perfect life, atonement on the cross, resurrection, and return.
- To teach that all men have sinned and salvation is based on acceptance of Jesus as Lord and Savior, with the goal of leading each student to a personal decision of confessing Christ as Savior and Lord.
- To develop students with integrity, high morals, and a respect for God’s Word.
- To encourage self-discipline and responsibility in students, based on respect for the submission to God.
- To work with parents and churches as they train children for a life of service to God.
- To train students to achieve the very best that God has for them, providing them with a strong sense of who they are in Christ and how they should relate to God and man.
- To help students develop a biblical worldview.
- To provide an excellent academic education for each student, preparing them for admission to colleges, universities, or the work force consistent with their abilities and academic performance.
- To thoroughly integrate biblical principles in all subject areas.
- To instill in students a pursuit of excellence in all things.
- To teach and encourage the use of good study habits.
- To teach students how to do independent research and to reason logically.
- To develop creative and critical thinking skills.
- To help students discover their God-given gifts and talents.
- To provide a safe, caring school environment.
- To adequately prepare students to become productive, interactive members of society.
- To develop Christ-like character in students and a desire to treat others with respect, i.e. academic competitions, sports, etc.
- To develop in students a spirit of Christian service as exemplified in the person of Jesus Christ.
- To promote physical fitness and good health habits.
- To impart a respect for the sanctity of life and an abhorrence for the sins of abortion, euthanasia, sexual impurity, and substance abuse.
We understand that SCA is a ministry to Christian families and requires that at least one parent be a born-again Christian, be in agreement with our Statement of Faith (above), and be an active member of a Bible-believing church. We subscribe to the SCA Philosophy of Education and agree to encourage our child in learning Bible truths and all other aspects of the school curriculum. We pledge our cooperation to the school regarding school policies, standards, and discipline. We will support the school positively and will handle any problems in a biblical manner.
We give permission for our student(s) to take part in all routine school activities, including sports and school-sponsored trips away from the school premises. We absolve SCA of all financial/personal liability to us or our student(s) because of any injury to our student(s) at school or during any school activity.
The enrollment fee and tuition management administrative fee (if applicable) are required to process this application and are nonrefundable. Per school policy, a student may be withdrawn if the account becomes two months delinquent.
The SCA administration reserves the right to dismiss any student who does not respect the spiritual standards of the school or cooperate with the educational program. The first six (6) weeks of school are a probationary period for all new applicants. The probationary period may be extended as necessary.
I understand the policies and provisions contained in the Summit Christian Academy Student Handbook (as may be amended from time to time) are incorporated into this enrollment agreement. The Student Handbook can be found on the summit-christian-academy.org website. Enrollment for any school year is solely at the discretion of Summit Christian Academy. I attest that all information on this application is true and accurate. I understand that falsifying or failing to disclose information is grounds for rejection and/or dismissal from the school.
We appreciate the ministry of Summit Christian Academy and are in agreement with the school’s Mission, Philosophy of Education, and Statement of Faith.
Subject to the Constitution of the United States and all applicable state and federal laws, Summit Christian Academy does not discriminate against applicants or students on the basis of race, color, and national or ethnic origin in its admissions or in the administration of its education policies, programs, or activities.
Position on Marriage, Sexuality, and Gender Identity
Summit Christian Academy (SCA) believes that the term marriage has only one meaning: the God-ordained union of one man and one woman in a covenant commitment, distinguished by sexual exclusivity, permanence and devotion to their good and to the welfare of any children within the family, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25).
We believe that God intends for sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God’s command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from the man-woman marriage relationship.
Summit Christian Academy (SCA) believes that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either wholly male or wholly female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27).
Want to check out Summit Christian Academy firsthand?
Schedule a personalized tour of our facility.